Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Merganser and Ducklings" original painting

This week I decided to feature an original painting in my Etsy shop.  This is my second in a new series I am painting of birds along our seashores.


The female Common Merganser looks like she is having a "bad hair day", with the springy tuft on the back of her head.  I have painted her looking after her brood of ducklings as the learn to forage in the tidal waters of a quiet sheltered seashore cove.  The rockweed floating up as the tide recedes shelters interesting things for a little duck to eat.



If you like the painting, but feel the price of an original is out of your range, you might be interested in a framed print of this painting to brighten up your wall.  Prints of the painting are available at the prices of other prints featured in my shop

No comments:

Post a Comment